Monday, August 18, 2008

Grow up, already!

Today, I think I got a sign from God.

This morning, I was chatting with Ja about going back to school... and he kept saying "don't 'maybe', just do it!" and stuff like that. I was supposed to be on a tour this morning but they decided to let me do a couple of public tables to keep up with business...

One of my first tables this morning was my favorite professor from my brief stint at STU. After three years, he still remembered me! He told me to call him if I needed anything because I had talked about going back. He was my intro to Lit prof and he was hilarious and supportive and nurturing.. I just wish his class hadn't been an evening one that I always had to go directly to work til 4:30am from.

So my brain started churning about what I can do... scholarships I might be eligible for... ways I can make this work... because I'm tired of what I'm doing, going around in circles. I am ready for my grown up life to get started and since it doesn't appear that I'm going to make any steps forward in the family scheme of that - marrying or having babies yet... I might as well make a move careerwise. And no one else is going to make that move for me... so I'd better get onto it.

I was trying to think of ways to do it and work as little possible. I know that if I could go to school and not have to bust my butt to keep an apartment or anything, I could have the kind of GPA that maintains scholarships... full ones, even! I have to make this happen.

No comments: