Monday, August 18, 2008

Angel, what are you hiding from me?

I've been really really maternal feeling lately. Maybe it's because I've just finished reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series and it's completely focused around a baby (sorry about the spoiler!). Maybe it's because A at work is pregnant, Tiffany has a gorgeous baby that I am compelled to try and spend as much time as possible with, or because of the really cute little blonde baby I had in my restaurant yesterday. Maybe it's because I ran into a guy from highschool that I used to adore...

Though that running-into was rather disappointing. He spotted me and I had the overwhelming urge to run away. Luckily, he only waved and didn't come to talk to me...

I feel stupid because I used to be such a social person and this particular guy, I enjoyed spending time with so much. He was pretty much my favorite person in the world... we just made each other happy... and now I can't even muster up the courage to TALK to him? What is wrong with me? I used to turn around and chat up random people in line at concerts but lately I feel really antisocial... like I've had some kind of social regression.

Work is going alright. I had a big run in with K when I ran right into him telling the boss "This isn't working. Amanda refuses to bus her tables." - which - I was busy, running my arse off... so it wasn't that I refused, just that I hadn't gotten to them yet. I have noticed that he is mysteriously absent whenever we need help doing little things like putting tables together or wrestling with a 20L bag of milk to put in the dispenser... he can dink around pretty much a whole day but if you're not as fast as him doing ONE thing, he's very critical. Anyways, I am sure he didn't count on me walking in on him complaining about me and he steered pretty clear away from me the next day and hasn't been scheduled to work since. I was SO ANGRY that a fifty year old man would go to the boss immediately when he had a problem instead of speaking to me about something and giving me a chance to fix it. INFURITATED me... if he had spoken to me again that same day, I probably would have gone all Greg Despres on him and lopped his head off.

Other than that, work has been alright. I am getting tired of working though! Why can't we all just be independently wealthy?

My dad will be thrilled that this week, I have some semblance of a plan for being social - a staff party Tuesday, a dinner party with the Fab Five this week sometime, and then hopefully a trip out to see Tiffany, Jamie and Deacon.

No comments: