Friday, May 1, 2009

Cause you know, sister, my heart's been broken...

I hate rain in the morning on the farm. Rain at night is fine, but who wants to wake up to a grim, rainy day? Nonetheless, I must. :(

So my week has been full of adventure since I wrote last (what is it about me and adventures?!). On Wednesday, I had a full day of work planned. I had to take Shay's dog, Psyche, to her at school so she could do a training demo for her French class and while I was gone, mom texted me to tell me that our great dane, Sasha, my mini aussie, Morrie, and Shay's german shepherd, Bella, had run away. I sped home, my eyes open for them at every turn. They are usually pretty predictable where they come out but upon further investigation, I could find none of them. Sasha wandered home not long after I did, and Morrie followed about an hour later, but Bella stayed out.

We figured something was not quite right for Bella because she usually comes home first - she is more than able to keep up with the others, so we figured she might have followed a deer or her nose into the deep woods and got turned around, or might have got hung up on something (even though she doesn't wear a collar). In the afternoon, I got Bronwyn saddled up and went to take her out. It was super windy and she was spooking at everything in the yard and didn't even want to leave it, but she did with some convincing and then did really well on her first solo hack. We went into the deep woods, through lots of mud, I was shouting Bella's name the whole time and she was great. We were out for about 40 minutes, total, I think. I was really proud of her.

Luckily, around 7pm, someone spotted Bella and another dog that we didn't know together at the top of Woodstock Hill and dad and Shay went down and she was standing on the porch of a chalet, the other dog nowhere to be seen. Shay was relieved, needless to say, and she came home, very shameful, as if she had meant to get home before we found her!

And I went to the doctor last night. I was super anxious because it has been, as she pointed out, 9 years since I have been in. I told her about my slew of "issues" (SPOILER: TMI AHEAD!) - dandruff, the acne, lumps on my scalp, the beard I can't seem to stay ahead of, and she said that all signs point to PCOS. She ordered bloodwork and a physical with an internal, prescribed me some cream ($42 cream, no less!) for my face, and a special shampoo for my dandruff so we will give that a try and see if it helps. She also wants to referr me to a dermatologist. All kinds of stuff.

I am super busy right now so I will have to wait until Monday to share my FEELINGS about everything...

No comments: