Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Can't get anything done right!

Ugh, if the last two days have not been glaring examples of me dropping the ball, I don't know what will be.

I was awoken this morning by a call - I WAY overslept (it was 11am). I hear, on the other line "Did you forget you started work today?" (Please note that this is, like, my all time nightmare - forgetting to go to work). I just about had a heart attack and then I remembered - I had training last week but NO ONE mentioned ANYTHING about any more training and I was going to call S this morning to ask her about it. She beat me to the punch, I guess. So she said it was alright and to come in tomorrow, we're just cleaning the restaurant and getting it ready for the opening weekend. She also made me call to arrange for a costume fitting. The costume ladies want me in tomorrow (presumably because I am so frickin' late to the ball - everyone at training last week had been in all week and such) afternoon while I am supposed to be at the restaurant cleaning... hopefully S will let me sneak away for X minutes for them to arrange my costuming.

Last night, I was also so desperate not to work on my synopsis that I traded Shay for it. I drew a picture of a church burning for her The Outsiders paper bag project and she was going to work on my synopsis for me! It has been so long since she read the book that she forgot what it was about, lol. Oh well, she ended up not doing anything on my "snotnopsis" and I haven't done any work on it in ages, either. I am having a really hard time sitting myself down and focusing on it. I've even started Marco and Abrianna's story already, which I promised myself I wouldn't do until I got at least 20 queries for "No One Else" on the road.

I'm kicking myself, you can see!

Plus, I have been sleeping a stupid amount, too. I don't know why, but I sleep til like 11 - usually I don't sleep that much at all. I think I am just getting restless and antsy because I haven't been to work or out of the house very much over the last 11 weeks. Thank God, we're cleaning the rest of this week and probably next week, too. I'm just glad I didn't miss any major training!

Then I have to get the 14th off to photograph Nicole's wedding. Agh!

Add to that, I haven't done a blessed thing with my ponies in days, no riding, no nothing. I'm not working, I'm not getting my chores done -- what the heck am I doing with all my time!

No comments: