Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Baptism!

Submissions: 18 Rejections: 6 Requests: 0


So today was my first day of serving and despite the nightmare I had last night about S thinking my dress had too much white in it, I handled it just fine. It was nerve wracking but I managed okay. The hostess followed me around to the tables, advising me, and making sure I didn't forget anything. I didn't forget much (except I did carry the buspan in to the room to be efficient, but since they didn't have buspans in 1855, I had to leave it outside and lug out soup bowls, main course plates, side plates, dessert bowls, and biscuit bowls (4 on each table) in trips - so I made like 100 trips to clear just the first course! I got several compliments on my dress, and quite a few comments that I was doing a good job - they announced ahead of time that we were in training, though, so everyone knew that they were dealing with a n00b. :) Only like $12 in tips, but considering they arrived at 1 and we were all cleaned up, all dishes done, etc by 3, that's not bad for 2 hour's work, and that will put my gas in for the rest of the week. :)

I have another dinner group on Friday, and I am hoping to make enough tip money to go to Tiffany's housewarming bonfire thingie, at least for an appearance. We shall see how things work out!

No comments: