Sunday, March 29, 2009

I think I'll go to Boston, I think I'll start a new life...

I am surprisingly not feeling as restless as I usually do this time of year. Sure, I have been thinking about building a little one bedroom "camp" on the property and living there with my dogs, but usually right around now, when summer is blowing in on the spring wind, but there's still just a little bit of spring - that time when you KNOW summer is coming but it's teasing you - this is usually the time when I get really restless and want to move to a different continent, or get really morose and melancholy and sad about where my life is. Not this year. Strange!

I was, however, reading some of my book last night and I had to quit. Some days I think I am the bee's knees... other days, I just have to put it away. Last night, I was going "Oh my God... this sucks. How can I ever imagine this published?". I've gotten feedback - even from people who don't feel the need to sugarcoat it and I know my writing is strong and saleable, but it has been so long that I have been working on this manuscript that I think my eyes and my mind play tricks on me. There are some weaker parts, but that is what this edit is for.

I have to go to work and do inventory (which means that my job effectively messes up the EI I was going to use to get my teeth cleaned in two weeks... AGAIN!) tomorrow, but after that I have to start getting some real work done.

On my TO DO list:
  • Buy new domain name to point to mom's website
  • Get Jill to change logo if possible
  • Re-work mom's website to make it more of a retail site than information
  • Do some PR for Canadian Neigh
  • Mess around with the CN Facebook group and get some "free advertising" for it
  • Garner more classified ads for CN
  • Finish editing
  • Arrange small-group editing meetings

I have to start actually DOING some things before I go back to work full time because I know I am completely useless once I get back to work - particularly when we're in cleaning the building/doing prep work in May before the site opens. We work 8:30 to 4:30, on our hands and knees, scrubbing and working hard, so I usually come home and take a nap and then the rest of the day is shot.

Today I wrangled an alpaca. We seem to have this strange habit of finding animals "in need" and bringing them home. Bronwyn (horse), Bella (German Shepherd Dog), Freckles (horse), Callie (German Shepherd Dog), Reaper & Daisy (llamas), 2 sheep in the last 2 months (one with a vaginal prolapse, one that was not fenced, living around a house around 30ft from the road that her owner could "no longer afford to feed") and now Wall-E (aforementioned alpaca) -- he was being fed through a hole in the side of the barn but the door that he would have gotten in and out of the barn through was snowed under - so out we go with a pick axe and a foal halter and some leadropes and got him dug out. He is "officially" here for a "date" with Daisy, however, I imagine he will stick around. For what use, I have no idea, and what space he will live in, I have no clue, as my parents have been taking up my ENTIRE horse barn with space for their goats and sheep. TREACHERY!

Anyways, I should go to bed because I DO have to work in the morning (gross!), but then Tuesday is Kyle's birthday dinner party at East Side Mario's and I am mucho excited-o because I love ESM and this will be my first trip to the new one here in Fredericton!

No comments: