Friday, March 13, 2009

If life is a highway...

Seriously, I have been DRIVING ALL WEEK. Agh. It's actually quite exhausting to be sitting behind the wheel of the car all day with the sun glaring in your face. I might have gotten away with not driving much yesterday but I had to take Shay to an emergency orthodontist appointment because they had put an apparatus in her mouth that was much larger than it was meant to be and causing her severe pain.

Mom called and left an initial message with the receptionist, who then called me back sometime later, and asked me no less than FOUR times if Shay had been taking the Advil as she had been directed. After I assured her, yes, she is taking it, she started taking it last night, she has taken it every four hours, yes it's brand Advil, there is definitely something wrong with the apparatus, she agreed to have the orthodontist call us back...

Whew, so we got her in which was all good and dandy, they put the smaller aparatus in and voila, considerably less mouth pain! Seriously, though, she is at a point now where her teeth have been seated in the right place for some time, they are just playing with her jaw now. The braces are paid off, and then have been on approximately twenty seven MONTHS longer than was initially projected. She misses a LOT of school due to mouth pain and it's just not acceptable anymore.

Anyways, hopefully this will all get resolved soon.

I've also decided to give up on this internet dating thing. At first, I figured - if I am going to complain about being single, I am at least going to do something (as the new Nickleback song says "What's worth a prize is always worth a fight.")... I've done, I've failed, the end. Besides, I really need to focus on publishing houses and agents right now - and three green horses... and working... I just don't have time for a boyfriend right now - particularly one who is as painfully clingy as the ones I have seemed to get myself tangled up with. It's all good, it'll happen.

(But I really want to join the Mommy Club!)

1 comment:

raeonix said...

I can't wait to see what Shaylee's teeth look like when this is all over!

I don't think you should give up on Internet dating, just be more picky! When you find the right guy, he will work into your schedule, no matter how hectic it is.

Although I still think meeting guys in "real life" rather than an ad on the internet is better. As long as you don't meet them in a bar. Those guys suck.