Saturday, March 28, 2009

Teen drinking is a very big problem...

Okay, I am a weeee little bit hangovery this morning. I didn't even drink much, but it has been some time since I have.

I went to Tiff's last night to hang out with her and D. Our original plan was to go to the local redneck bar half cut and make fools of ourselves, but the babysitter backed out (thanks a lot, Abbey! Just kidding - you probably saved me from doing and saying things to and about people I haven't seen in some time that would have made me never able to live it down), so we ended up staying in and making supper.

We meandered down to the shopping center and bought some spinach and cheese ravioli and herbed alfredo sauce and caesar salad and cheesecake and a bottle of strawberry flavoured white zinfandel and then meandered back up the hill where I prepared it and it didn't take long.

I am not a wine drinker but the wine was passable (much better than some of the burning holy terrors we serve at the restaurant, I tell you!), and gave me a pleasant little buzz. Sadly, it didn't last very long (the wine or the buzz) so we called Abbey and got her to bring us some Mike's. In the meantime, I played some super mad Wii boxing and worked up a horrendous sweat but Tiff seemed to get some amusement from it which made it worthwhile. Then I sucked at golf, I wasn't bad at tennis, and I love bowling.

We started watching the video yearbook from 2003 (how OLD are we?!), and I reminisced about how adorable I was and how nice my smile was before it was marred by this huge gap and decided I would not go to the reunion unless I have been published and lost a bunch of weight. Then Abbey showed up (alas, I was on the decline by then!) and my drunk got perked back up and we watched a video project from grade 12 advanced english in which I supposedly played a certain role (I was listed in the credits and everything) but never appeared on camera, nor did I run the camera - however, I still got full credit for the project. I laughed so hard when I realized it that I thought I might pee myself!

Then we watched EuroTrip just because I have had that song stuck in my head for weeks now... Scotty doesn't know that Fiona and me do it in my van every Sunday... she tells him she's in church but she doesn't go, still she's on her knees and Scotty doesn't know... Frickin' hot Matt Damon with piercings and shaved heads and other delectable physical attributes!

And today I am having lunch with Adam (as long as I don't smell like a brewery and my parents get home from Houlton soon enough) and then working for a GFB Gagetown function til about midnight. Yay, work!

2 comments:

raeonix said...

You aren't a teen anymore!

A said...

But I sure wish I was!