Monday, March 30, 2009

Does my forehead say "Creepies Unite!"??

So today was not a very eventful day at all.

I was supposed to go in to work with Mal to do inventory today but we got some freezing rain/snow on top of our wickedly muddy, uphill driveway and there was no way our little van on low profile tires was getting out of this yard. We gave it a couple of tries than gave up. The weather was miserable and the roads were touchy so it was just as well.

We never got off the property until dad came home and we went to return a movie at the local convenience store. I was standing there with my back to the door and I could hear this guy before he even came in go "LOOK AT THAT PONYTAIL!!!" I had my hair (which is getting quite long now) in a loose braid down my back, and it is quite exceptionally thick.

Anyways, he came in and said "Excuse me but you have the most beautiful hair I have ever seen! I know guys who would pay $750 for that!" and went on and on, asked permission to touch (granted), and he played and browsed through my head for a while. The guy seemed harmless and generally smelled like a brewery, and my dad was within arm's reach so I wasn't too scared, lol. He went on to say that builders use human hair to burnish marble and things like that... Eventually, his "$750" went down to $70 and if I grow it out another eight inches, $150. Nice for a quick buck, but eventually he turned around and asked me how much it was worth and I said "Nothing" and he said "THAT'S RIGHT! Your hair is an intricate part of the unique, beautiful person you are!" And they finally got him out. Buddy was tripping on something, he was just a little crazy and the three that came in together all had the munchies pretty bad.

Crazy peoples.

Tomorrow is Kyle's birthday dinner @ East Side Mario's! YAY! I love ESM, and I have not yet been to the Fredericton one.

1 comment:

raeonix said...

First, why does your minivan have lo-pros? Seriously, it's not a racing vehicle. Second, you really do have an uphill driveway. That is weird. Third, you put "than" instead of "then", that is very unlike you. Are you feeling okay? Fourth, that is the creepiest story I have ever heard. I let a stranger touch my hair once. It was too weird. NEVER AGAIN! Will you allow it to happen again? I can't believe your dad didn't say anything! lol... call me!