Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sugar, we're going down swinging!

I have felt pretty good the last few days because I feel like I am getting some stuff accomplished! Of course, I haven't been able to cross EVERY thing off of my "To Do" list every day, but I am slowly working away at the stuff that has needed to be done for WEEKS now.

I am working away at mom's Happy Horse Designs Website and such. I got Jill to change the logo to read "Designs" (we decided that it would be easier to call the ENTIRE business "Happy Horse Designs" (it was originally "Happy Horse Hoods" as you can see!) instead of naming her show clothing line something completely different. I bought the domain for happyhorsedesigns.com and then I got the redirect done. See? I'm being useful!

I am also trying to set myself up for two to four hours of "office" work per day... which means, stuff related entirely to mom's business. I have gained some really good ideas about promotional stuff and garnering dealers and that sort of thing and I am actually quite excited, really. I think we are going in an interesting direction and if we take things seriously, by this time next year, I might get to be a full time employee, rather than someone who just busts their butt for nothing (hey, I'm not doing anything else of value and we can just call it payment on my "rent" that I am not paying in dolla dolla bills, yo.). We're looking into different resources. :)

Anyways, I am doing really well making myself do stuff. I'm proud. :) I still find, though, there are simply not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done.

I got my rehire package from work yesterday. Just have to fill that out and return stuff by tomorrow so they can bring me on back. We are doing prep for our Easter brunch tomorrow, then Saturday, I am hanging out with the F5-1 (Fab Five Minus One (which is Salls!)), then Sunday serving the brunch.

Tonight, I am babysitting Ava, which sure gets my baby itch scratched! See, whenever I get wanting a baby really badly, I just go watch her. :) It... "satisfies" me for a while. This doesn't really work when I go visit Tiff 'n D, though, because he's a really good baby and I keep thinking "I would have a cute little snuggly body to cuddle if I had a baby!", not "I could never sit down and watch a full 1/2 hour tv show if I had a baby!" or "I would never get a full night's sleep if I had a baby!" or "I could never do ANYTHING while my baby is napping if I had a baby, for fear of waking it up!", or any number of the realities of having a baby.

I went with Tiff to Holly's baby shower on Sunday, which was nice. Tiff did a great job planning it - there was lots of food and I had fun and I loved her activity (and I am not upset that I didn't get to design a onesie! I am sure that little Hero won't even notice there wasn't one from me!). Overall, really really great time. :)

Well, sad fact is that I have to get to my "office hours" now, so I will be signing off!

No comments: