Thursday, April 23, 2009

If I could bottle my hopes in a storebought scent / They'd be nutmeg peach and they'd pay the rent...

I keep getting a whiff of a dish someone left up here this evening that had the first strawberry shortcake of the season. It's making my stomach rumble.

It seems my life is lived by iconic moments and memories replaying themselves one after the other and I never get anywhere new. I've always known I was someone who lived on memories. I can't be credited for anything new that happens in my life, it's always prompted by outsiders. I guess if I had my way and could be happy, I would replay the last 10 years of my life over and over again.

It's just easier like that.

(Naproxen makes me introspective!)

1 comment:

raeonix said...

I wish that sometimes you would come online at the same time as me instead of updating in the middle of the night!

What is Naproxen?