Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I am an awful person? No!

So yesterday, despite Shay not feeling well, we set out to take her to work. She refused to call herself in sick so I made her go so she would learn a lesson. That's what I told myself, but the real reason was really so I could see G and get a chance to talk to him because I literally had not even had a chance to say hello besides a wave from the window of the Inn for like, two weeks. Not a conducive way to get to the end result you're looking for when romantically interested in someone!

Anyways, Shay obliged, and I think she learned a lesson anyways. I promised her I would stick around for a couple of hours in case she didn't come around and feel better, and so I took my van over to the VRC and got into the site on my staff pass. I stopped by the big new barn to oggle my red carriage for a while.

And then, of course, I headed straight for the Joslin farm when I got in because that's where he was likely to be. Also, the "real reason" I had in my head was that I haven't been to the Joslin in ages and ages - which is good enough reason for me, plus some friends of the family work in the house, including their adorable two children... who are adorable. I poked around a little but didn't see G outside, so I went to leave and he was watering one of the horses on his team. He beckoned me up to the barn to show me something "different", which turned out to be a swollen anus on his horse - they figure he had an allergic reaction to a medication. It was sincerely one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen!

Anyways, I hung around chatting for as long as was appropriate (I think anyways, I know girls who would have stayed around a lot longer than I did!), and then set off... ran through the Jones house and got almost as far as the Inn when I got the call from Shay (an hour after I dropped her off) to pick her up because she wasn't feeling any better. So I turned around to head back.

I will confess that I swung by the Joslin again, in case I would have a chance to say goodbye and put in some of my well rehearsed lines that had been going through my head since the other night when I went to N's hoping to see G and he wasn't even there. He wasn't at the Joslin, either, so I headed out disappointedly...

Then I saw him coming off the service road with his horse - they were waiting for the vet. I stopped and chatted a little bit and got an "I don't see you around N's much anymore..." (I am hoping this was in a kind of "but I wish I did..." way!) when I said "Well I was just there the other night, but you were not!" and then we joked around a little more.

I was pretty proud of myself and Shay admitted that she didn't mind being used and abused if it meant I was successful on my mission. She also gave me permission to marry him. When she sees/meets a man that she thinks would be a suitable date for me, she always says "I give you permission to marry him."... so that's a good sign?

She also insisted that if I were "serious about crushing on G" I needed to get dad involved. I maintain that I am not getting dad or N involved or even TELLING them my intentions unless something happens or some movement is made. There is no reason for me to have to live my life being mercilessly harassed unless I am getting some good out of it too!

2 comments:

raeonix said...

Your little babies will grow up cone shaped from being crammed into a teepee.

A said...

But they will be beautiful, with blue eyes, and that is all that matters!