Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You Oughta Know!

Fredericton is so full of construction, it's crazy. I don't know if this is something new or something that happens every summer and I just haven't noticed it until this year.

After I dropped Shay off at work, I had to go to the feed store on Smythe street... so I took the new highway and came down through the Prospect/Hanwell intersection toward Silverwood... construction (there was construction in Keswick also, where I nearly ran over a flagger because he was hiding around a blind turn and also construction on the exit ramp from the Mactaquac detour onto the new highway)... and at least twice on the Woodstock road... then I escaped up Smythe thinking I would turn onto Prospect and go back down the way I had come before (so basically making a stupid circle) to avoid further construction but there were two sections of construction on Prospect. I think it took me at least three times as long to run into town and grab a $15 bag of chicken feed as it would normally. Oh well, at least the chickens will grow now.

I came home and now I am listening to old 'N SYNC and Alanis Morissette and doing laundry that I am going to hang in the sunshiney sun when it is finished. I didn't sleep much so maybe I will pop down for a nap in a few minutes, but until then, it's TEARIN UP MY HEART!

1 comment: