Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Everything in moderation

I feel ick. Because I have had too much Chinese food and then my "30 minute power nap" that was supposed to re-energize me turned into a 2 hour dead sleep which mostly just made me really thirsty and then sick. I think it's probably very bad for my system to do that. Eat copious amounts of sodium and grease and then sleep. Every time I burp, it tastes like chicken balls. I hope this doesn't turn me off Chinese food.


-----


I have come to the conclusion that I overthink everything. Well, I mean, I already knew that I did that, because I obsessed over my ex leaving me for like three years. Granted, I know now that's because I had absolutely no closure on it, and it was the grossest eruption of my self doubt to exist EVER (btw, it still lurks under the skin, but it's mostly ignored).

For instance, my gypsy came into my restaurant last week when we were fairly busy and I was hostessing. Instead of saying "Hi, how are you? I miss chatting with you." I playfully said "get out of my way, get out of my way!" and zipped by him. I could have done something so less wasteful with that opportunity but I didn't... and I beat myself up senselessly for the rest of the day! It was embarrassing to even admit it. I think the girls at work are going to beat me up physically if I don't make a move soon!


------


I have two days off and I am not sure what to do with myself for those two days.


That is all.

No comments: