Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just breathe...

Yesterday, I rode Bronwyn and didn't even pretend to myself that I was going to do anything else with any other horses because I just didn't have the energy. I am sore and weak through my body because of riding but I am hoping that will wear off by the weekend.

B was very good this time around. I set the video camera up so that we could use it to see what was going on on the right rein. She appears to be bending, just not moving off my leg. Might try some stuff from the ground today. She was, again, trying to trot off when I put my leg on her to ask her to move over in that direction. More work, yippee!

I'll share the video as soon as it uploads on Youtube!
ETA: Video is uploaded, here it is for those who are interested in watching a fat lady ride her horse for 9 minutes!



After riding, we worked on her bow. I got her all the way to the ground with her knee on it. Now I need to not get so excited when she does it that I let her get up because I definitely ruined it by getting so excited and clicking and treating and loving her. I am going to have to treat her while she is still in that downward position. We also worked on her spanish walk, which is where she walks with large, exaggerated steps in the front. I am teaching her to do this by encouraging her to touch my trick stick with the fronts of her knees, however, she is not so into walking and doing that at the same time, so... we'll work on it. It's more of a "spanish stand" right now.

I also want to work on some liberty stuff. That can be our big excuse for taking her all around - her big "act" where she basically runs around like a tard, and then comes back to me and is connected to me. I just have to figure out how to get her connected to me and paying attention to my body first.

No comments: