Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday of my week of work!

I had a rather ambitious plan this morning (well, Monday morning rather, since it's pushing 1am now) to ride 2 horses (Jessie and Bronwyn) and work two horses on the line (Ari and Freckles). Rex is a little sore right now and I am not sure what is going on in his little (haha just compared to B and Freckles!) feeties, so I'll give him some time to tough up.

In addition to working four horses, I was going to scrub buckets and clean/re-organize my tack area because it's getting a wee bit wild and wooly. I also had to water horses and clean stalls among other things.

This is exactly what I got done before everyone started coming home:

I rode Bronwyn for 45 minutes.
I watered everything.
I put Ari on the line and spun her around a couple of times before I decided it looked like she was off and put her away.

Then I collapsed.

Working Bronwyn for so long took a TON of energy out of me. I defy ANYONE to tell me that riding that horse is not a workout. Maybe not a "traditional" workout, but I sure had that same sloshy belly, sloppy legs feeling when I got off of her as I do when I get off the treadmill or bike. I can feel it in my core and in my back muscles and it feels pretty darn good. I just wish there was a way to balance out the strength in my body - my right side is significantly weaker than my left side and it has reflected on Bronwyn to the point where we're having some real difficulty with the right side of HER body and her wanting to bend her body in a nice arc around a circle instead of just bending her neck, throwing her shoulder and trotting straight. We'll work on it, though, I think.

I am also really, really interested in working Bronwyn on some liberty stuff. Maybe not this year but next (2011), I'd like to be able to do a few demos on her tricks and show off my pretty horse. Really, all I want to do is show her off. I am trying to think of reasons why she should be going to the Equine Review in May because I really want to take her, just to show her off. I also want her to get some area experience because I plan to take her in the Wind Rider challenge at Can Am in late May as well. We shall see where all of this goes.

All I know is that my seat is feeling different, my legs are feeling stronger, and the saddle feels bigger under my arse. I have maintained 10lbs of weight loss since Labor Day, but I don't think I have lost anymore really... but my metabolism sure feels different, but swings. Some days I could go all day like a workhorse and other days I am hard pressed to get ANYTHING done without literally crawling back to my bed. I'm not sure what's going on but I think it has to do with the birth control I am on right now. Oh well, another couple of months will tell for sure, I guess!

I am off work til Friday so I am planning to try and ride everyday until then, take Friday off then ride Saturday when I can get a "lesson" from mom. She seemed to have no advice on Bronwyn's stiffness but I might try tying her head tomorrow just to see if I can get that nice soft bend from the ground, and also might pick up my trick stick to remind her to move her ribcage as well as her head.

No comments: