Thursday, November 19, 2009

You make me weightless...

So I would have to say of late this blog is more "of riding" than anything, but that's okay. :) I enjoy my horses and even if I have no one who reads regularly and of them, no one who really likes horses, at least I will have the ability to look back and say "aww, look how far we have come!".

I rode Bronwyn yesterday and it was nice because I had a camera assistant with me. :-D VERY rare to be able to get someone out with a camera in hand to photograph/video me but we did a nice trade off in which she video'd and photographed for me and I did the same for her with her dog later (it's Shay by the way).

B finally seems to be "getting" the yield on the right rein which makes me really excited. Mom watched the video last night and there were a couple of parts where she was like "That's NICE!" which means a lot because even if mom doesn't like or want to ride horses anymore, she once was great and so I really am desperate for her praise and approval. It's nice to get it once in a while.



We later worked on some of Bronwyn's tricks, which I am just dusting off again. We worked on the bow for a second day and since I had Shay, she stood ahead of Bronwyn and clicked and treated when we got and held the desired position with her knee on the ground. She did this because she has great timing with the clicker and also because I am not coordinated enough to guide her leg down, click at the right time and then treat in a timely manner. I am working on it, though! I am not sure whether I should even try the bow today without Shay around to give me a hand because it may just set her back, but here's a cute video. :)

No comments: