Monday, July 21, 2008

And nobody cares at all....

I have a Dashboard Confessional song stuck in my head but the title of my entry is the only line I can bring the words to mind from. So hate that!

Today has been possibly the longest day in the world and it's not over yet. I still have to work a few horses before I can get some rest, so I shouldn't really be sitting in front of the PC right now, but I am still waiting for the heat to burn off at 8:30. Speaking of heat, I am so over all this hot weather. I'm ready for snow again. It's usually not this bad for me in the summer, but then for the last five summers, I have spent my work days sitting inside of an air conditioned office instead of running my butt off in a huge long dress with no air conditioning. The salad line lady said the other day I must have lost 30lbs this summer. I don't know if I have, I am angry at my scales right now (that's what I get for buying them on eBay for $2!), but I'll accept the compliments anyways. :)

Yesterday, the family and I went to King's Landing (I work at a restaurant there) for the day. They were re-enacting the pauper auctions that occured in New Brunswick around 1888 (Pauper auctions were public events where the poverty stricken of the parish were auctioned off to the household who would take the least amount of money from the parish's poor tax to maintain care of them. It appeared that many of them got worked hard and George Francis Train vehemently opposed them, calling it the "white slave trade" - it is unknown when pauper auctions were no longer held in New Brunswick but they were still being held into the 20th century. How's that for a history lesson?), and the acting was very good. We ate at my restaurant and my parents were amazed at my savvy ordering that allowed us to eat for about $50 at a "fine dining" establishment and for us all to be full (there were 4 of us). We didn't get into many of the houses which was a disappointment, but I have a staff pass so we will likely go back when the weather is a little less humid. It's just killing me right now.

I obviously have nothing interesting to say here - I'm merely filling time and hoping the weather cools down!

Also wanted to shout out to all the ladies at the bachelorette party I attended Friday night. I'm sorry me and the pregnant lady left so early but I had to get home to bed... eventually. Which I did... at around 1:30. I loves you Tiff, and I am super excited for Baby Deacon to get here!!!! I just wanted him to come bursting out of you Friday night and be like "HELLO AUNTIE AMANDA!". You are never going to be able to get rid of me when you have a newborn. :-D

And a little funny that I want to write here for my own remembrance - I finished telling Tiffany the heartwrenching and sad story of losing Angel and finding Bronwyn and as I finished telling her how important and wonderful Bronwyn is in my life, she says "So you're going to be really sad when I steal her, right?". That girl can make me smile!

No comments: