Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finally, a day off!

I have tomorrow off but have an appointment with Dr Handsome for some puppies and also need to trim some feet and clean some stalls. We have potential buyers coming to look at our stallion and broodmare for sale. At this point, I would really just like to see them move - particularly to this client, because they have some mares by a stallion they used to own that would cross well on this stud, and because they have more time and money to market them than we really do. I've known these people forever and think they would make a great home, and hey - the price is right, especially for two horses of this quality!

I haven't ridden Bronwyn in almost a week (or has it been 2 now?) since my saddle broke, but dad and I took the stirrup "leathers" (nylon, actually) off of my synthetic saddle and put them on my leather and I think it will do the trick til I can get the other leathers fixed. I put Paint (a mare in for training) out on the longe the other day but she seemed off to me. Called her owner and he said that she's "always like that".... if she were my horse, I would not feel comfortable riding her like that. Heck, she's not my horse and I don't feel comfortable! Anyways, he said he would be over to trim her feet (we brought her over early to treat a wound on her fetlock) and I will put her out on the longe then to see if he still thinks that it's "normal". Got Rex worked the other day and found his "itchy" spot... makes him curl all the way around like a macaroni! It's cute to see a dog doing it but even cuter to see a 15.2hh colt doing it! Now that I have made the decision to geld (nothing to do with his quality, everything to do with my ambition for handling a stallion!), I am eager to get it done with, but the humidity here has made the flies terrible, so no go til September, probably... which will work because I will have finished paying off my Mastercard then! :) Yay.

The other night I was in the pool after work and heard splashing that wasn't myself or Shay, so I hopped out to find the source of the sound and found this goof striking the water to purposely make herself wet. What a doof!