Sunday, July 20, 2008

I kissed a girl...

Haha, no I didn't! But I bet some of my former roomies are going "Oh thank God. FINALLY!" Just have the tune stuck in my head. Catchy as hell!

I haven't had a lot of time to write lately, but I did hear back from that agent that had five pages of No One Else. She thanked me but told me it did not hook her immediately as she had hoped. I spent about 24 hours feeling sorry for myself, then had a chat with a few people about things I can do to make my manuscript more palatable and more easily digested when more agents ask for it. This includes cutting about 30,000 words out of it, which will be a challenge, but one I am up for.... if I ever get time to get back to that manuscript! So for now, I am putting a hold on the querying until I get that act back together and get a new query letter. THEN I will worry about getting published. I have joined a really great online writer's forum that actually has real professionals in the publishing industry on it that are very helpful.

As for everything else - nothing terribly new. I took Bronwyn out on the trail for the first time last weekend. She was a star, but we broke my saddle coming out of the barn (I am actually glad it didn't break on the trail though!), so she has had the last week off and I still have no leads on fixing the saddle. It's bumming me out majorly, but hopefully I will get onto things here directly.

We also celebrated our one year anniversary together and it has inspired some interesting writing coming out of me which is nice.

Speaking of interesting writing, I have this idea for a non fiction open letter to boys style book... and I even started sketching out some phrases and chapters in it but I HAVE to get back to work on No One Else - because if I don't, I fear I will be in big trouble with all these projects on the go and be a waitress forever. Further to that that I have about 10,000 words written on the second book in my Port Sentry Collection... Yep, I am in trouble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The way you write about your life, plays like a tv reality series inside my head as I read! :)