Thursday, July 10, 2008

A few points, plus I've met my future husband!

Remember that guy I was saying I keep saying awkwardly weird things to? He came in and had a seat in my room and I served him and finally didn't look like a complete idiot the entire time I was interacting with him. It was nice not to be a retard.

On that note, I have found my future husband at work. He is the perfect body type (about 6'2", big solid guy), plays a musical instrument and the best part is that he loves cookies - probably as much as I do. He was with one of the minstral trios outside of the Inn where I was working the pub today and I went out to stand on the porch and try and get a breeze because it was sweltering behind the bar and they were sitting out there. Being the dork I am, I commented on the heat and he said he was hoping for a thunderstorm to break it. I told him he'd be waiting all day. The other guy said it wasn't the only thing he'd have to wait all day for - he also wanted cookies. I told him that was the good thing about working at the Inn - there never seems to be a shortage of cookies or sweets. He told me that I should have definitely offered him free cookies at that interval, but I did not. This is the same minstral that saw us in the river on Monday and told us we were disgraceful, I am quite certain. AND he plays the fiddle, which I LOVE.

Annyways - onto working at the pub today... not bad!

I cleared about $47 in tips which was INCREDIBLE for the pub and was fueled by an American fellow that tipped me $20 after he had a shot of whiskey and a beer - a bill totalling less than $10. He and his lady friend stood down in the pub and we must have talked for a half an hour about horses, dogs, training both of them, etc... then they went upstairs for lunch.. I didn't notice that they didn't tip me - well, I don't care if people really tip me in the bar as long as I make enough money for gas. Anyways, after their meal, they came back down and I asked how it was and they said it was great but they had forgotten to tip me and I said "Oh that's no problem" and he passed me a folded up American bill over the counter. I took it in my hand and figured it was a couple of singles or a five and he walked away. When I got a chance to open it up, it was a $20 bill! Woohoo, go me!

I do like working in the pub. My last customers of the day were RV'ers from Colorado who were camping in Moncton and weren't planning on visiting PEI - they ended up penciling it into their plans and gave me a $2 tip for two beer (not bad actually) and then when we were finished chatting, the fellow shook my hand and told me it was really nice to meet me and a real pleasure to talk to me. Maybe I am cut out for bartending! LOL

2 comments:

raeonix said...

You didn't mention if this future husband was furry and blue with google eyes?

A said...

Don't worry, he's not, but he does have a funny voice.