Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm like the ringleader - I call the shots...

Not so much, haha!

I don't have anything interesting to write except dayblogging, really... but since I don't have a big readership to please with my witty and snarky commentary, I don't frigging care!

I forgot to mention that on Thursday, we went to the SPCA to see a dog. Shay has decided she would like to train, board and groom dogs when she "grows up", so collectively, we have agreed it would be a good idea for her to have a "business card" dog -- and she wants a border collie. After changing her mind eighty five million times about where she would like to get a dog, she wanted to check out the rescued dogs at the SPCA, and since, conveniently, there was a border collie on their site for adoption, stopping by seemed like a good idea.

We nipped up there and they let us take her into the adoption room and play with her a little bit. She was sweet (overweight though!), and engaged in tug play with Shay which was something that she really liked. Brave and had the potential to be very athletic, however, she showed serious signs of dog reactivity/aggressiveness which is just not a problem that Shay wants to deal with right now. So she's gone back to her notion of buying a puppy from a breeder - which I think is a good idea anyways. She is constantly lamenting about her GSD that she got as an older, more difficult to train dog, and I really think that any older dog she gets herself into is going to have their own set of problems.

Anyways, dogs aside, I have been battling a really sore shoulder for about a week now. I am pretty sure I tore or pulled something along the top muscle by my neck and now my entire shoulder area (right down around my shoulder blade) hurts - I assume it is compensating for the weakness in that muscle and protecting it. Feels fine to just hold upright but any extension of it really hurts. Might have to see a doctor about that one!

And as for my personal ad. *sigh* I don't know what it is about me that seems to attract a much older set - maybe because I am so serious? Anyways, lots of responses from "much older" men that I am not really interested (even a 48 year old!). I think I have decided (well, I thought of it this morning in the shower) that my limit is going to be 10 years. Particularly for an older man who has been single for some time, there are some expectations of the early relationship that I just know I am not going to be able to fulfill - particularly sexual. It seems more "expected" and an assumption than something that one would have to work for, and that's just not the way I roll. I want to be appreciated and courted rather than sexualized and have expectations placed on me. Maybe I am old fashioned.

I'm just not comfortable with my own naked body, I can't imagine being comfortable with someone else and my naked body all in one room. I'll need to be coaxed, I think... and many just aren't going to be willing to do that.

2 comments:

raeonix said...

Tell me about it! Chivalry really is dead, you'd think there would be some people out there raising their boys right but apparently not. <3

A said...

Thank God you're raising a good one!