Friday, February 20, 2009

Orange Julius... mmmmm.

So today has more or less been a giant bust. I got up early-ish but hardly did a blessed thing.

We've just gotten a HUGE dump of snow and the farm is really windy - we have a lot more drifts than straight snow... I had to dig a hole through a wall 3ft high of snow in front of the door I put the horses out to pasture through... I milked... I came in and did my Walk Away The Pounds video..

I think this is my fourth or fifth day doing it, but holy cow was I ever sore! I haven't been that sore doing it all along, but today man... my hips hurt, I was TIRED... I was really sweating and heaving by the end of my mile, which I hadn't done previously. I don't know if it's because the house was warmer today than it usually is or what, but geeze! Even Shay commented that I was sweating and I "didn't do that the other times" (I did but not that much). Maybe my body is just finally starting to feel it?

All I can say is it's a darn good thing that I didn't go ahead and do 2 miles today (I briefly considered it but nixed the idea when I couldn't find the DVD remote to switch from 1 Mile to 2 Mile), because I wouldn't be alive anymore!

Overall, though, I REALLY like the video and can see myself doing it long term. I can't wait to be able to say I can do 3 miles in one go. If someone had ever told me I could walk 1 mile at the pace I walk it with this video, I would have laughed!

I also made myself orange julius tonight and drank waaaaay too much because it's delicious.

2 comments:

raeonix said...

Are you walking in place or on a treadmill? I don't get it.

A said...

The Walk Away The Pounds DVDs are just in place. You march and powerwalk, pumping your arms... then you sometimes do side steps, knee lifts and kicks. It's a surprisingly good cardio workout! I thought they sounded stupid when I first heard of them, before I tried it, but the pace varies and this one does work with resistence bands (I use weights instead so I'm getting a fuller workout).