Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm still alive, I promise!

So I have been pretty much MIA for like a month now, sorry!

Things have been frustrating and crazy for the last little while. When I came home from Toronto, I went to a couple of job interviews... I got hired for a nanny job which lasted approximately a week before the kid decided that she was going to use me to make her parents miserable (it was absolutely nothing I was doing, she was just smart!) and so they let me go.

My EI came through so now I have SOME income, but not alot. I keep scouring the job ads but can't find anything that pays enough to warrant me running all over the place, especially where we only have one vehicle right now. I picked up a couple of shifts at the restaurant this weekend because we had specialty dinners, but... eh.

So I have been helping mom at her job where she sews baby slings, by packaging and getting all of the "extra" stuff for packaging ready to put on the products. I'm not really making any money at it (just helping mom make more in less time, it's piecework, and this way my EI money can be mine and whatever I make for her is going toward my rent, groceries, etc). It's tough to pay off all the bills I have on just the piddly bit I get from EI (a little less than $600 per month), but I'm working on it. If I can find work that is worthwhile and doesn't steal my soul, I will definitely go to work... but at the same time I am thinking of seeing if I can get EI to pay my school to go to NBCC and take Human Services and actually start working toward a career, instead of all these odd jobs. Kind of frustrating, this rut I am stuck in!

No comments: