Saturday, June 20, 2009

About that wagon ride...

So on the topic of wagon rides, I have been anxiously watching out the window for the last two weeks at work to see my gypsy's wagon pass by. I have desperately wanted to go for a wagon ride, period, regardless of who the teamster is, so yesterday we closed the restaurant at 4pm, and I worked from 3 to 4 to get all the closing up stuff done (since we had no one in the restaurant) and Laura and I went to go on a wagon ride at 4.

We walked up to the big barn to see some of the carriage collection, which was exciting and made me drool... some of those antiques are gorgeous, and I would love to use them but I know Bronwyn would tear something like that to shreds. We had hoped we would catch my teamster's wagon but any wagon would do. Eventually, we walked up to the visitor reception centre and caught him giving a little ride around the turn circle to a couple of little boys sitting up on the front seat with him.

We went up and bummed a ride and he offered for us both to sit up on the front seat with him also... which resulted in me flashing him a healthy shot of my cleavage as I clambored up, and then Laura followed but it was quite a tight squeeze, so I announced that I would be snuggling up indecently which he didn't disagree with. Then the little boys asked us about the chestnuts on the horse's legs and we bullshitted an answer together which was kind of cute.

Following that, I put my bag on the floorboard and it fell off into the back of the wagon, upside down - this is my luck kind of thing. Laura graciously offered to get down and get it and then stayed down so I had my gypsy all to myself... except for her standing there, you know. Anyways... he lugged us back across the bridge and past our stop so we had to sit at the Grant store for an extra 10 minutes with him, which was nice, having a chat... then he brought us back.

And then, a girl I am not sure I like anymore even though I watched her grow up, took my spot next to my gypsy. GRRR. I am a jealous person, I have discovered.

No comments: