Sunday, June 28, 2009

The longest weekend in the world!

So this weekend is my first weekend off of the season (Friday-Monday) and it will be framed by doctor's visits by the end of things.

Friday, I started off the day by going to my GP for my first ever physical. I have been trying to get in for this physical for 2 months but with all our trade fairs and then other stuff coming up (I was on my period once), I have had to reschedule it like three times. Friday was finally THE day. I was pretty anxious driving in, but I managed to survive the drive without crashing into anything. When the doctor left the room and told me to take off everything, I was plagued with indecision - take off my top or my pants first? Which would leave me less vulnerable? And why not just run out of the office instead? Or maybe just vomit and be excused?

I am uncomfortable with my own naked body, the thought, at that point, of someone else seeing it and touching it just made me about crazy. Add to that, I am the first of one of my groups of friends to have a physical so I had no idea what to expect.

My doctor "warmed me up" with stories about a very professional type lawyer coming into her ER with a 12" vibrator stuck so far up his anus that it had to be surgically removed because it couldn't be removed with fingers, and then a 14 year old that got a hair dryer stuck in her vajayjay. The exam started okay... then the breast exam just made me stare at the cieling. I don't know what I was expecting with the internal and I felt uncomfortable with the speculum but it was over so quickly that I was surprised and said "That's it?!" and she said "What did you expect?".

Back in April, she referred me to Dr Hanson, a top dermatologist in this area, saying he would call me, but I never recieved a call, so while I was in the office, my doctor called his office and all of a sudden, I have an appointment for tomorrow morning... so that will frame up my busy weekend.

I came home Friday night to bath two horses in a thunder storm and stay up until 1am getting them ready to haul them in the morning - for our 4H Achievement Day. Ari had never been bathed in a bazillion years, and she had also, at that point, never been trailered or taken off the property. She was SOOOO good overall, I was extremely impressed. She is very quickly becoming the child safe horse I have hoped she would be, since she is too short for me to show. The kids did really well with their horses and I was very proud of their accomplishments... and I really miss showing horses myself. I have to buy a trailer before I can do anything, though.

I spent today at a horse show with mom's booth and helping Jill out with her photography stuff which only intensified my missing showing badly. :P If I had not been so tired with an underlying serious stomach cramp problem all weekend, I would definitely have come home and ridden and bathed more horses tonight, but alas, I napped instead.

No comments: