Saturday, October 31, 2009

I remember looking at you, wondering if you even knew...

Roux texted me last night on his own accord... which is not something he often does. It only took him 48 hours after my trip to Bangor to make contact and see if I even made it out alive, yannow? The girls at work told me I'm not allowed to text him back, ever. I figure if I wait until tonight, that will just get my point across. Obviously, I have more thought and effort invested in it and I want to stop that because it's only hurting me. And if I text him back right away and revert right back to the sad, desperation I've had over the last little while, I am just going to be a hypocrite because that's what I gave my friend grief for. So, resolve. Check.

One thing I had thought about and wanted to say in this blog because it's been running around in my head is about the Amish type people ("Christian brotherhood", live very similar to the Amish) that I have been dealing with this past week. They are friends of Roux's and had a puppy that he had bought from us but gave to them when he went longhaul trucking. After an accident earlier this summer with some farming equipment, they wanted another dog and so when we got Rhyme, we got them a good deal on another pup in the litter. I was out there to their place twice.

I love the property. I love the idea of working the land. I even think I could live that way (which is ironic because that's how Roux would love to live but I don't want to live with HIM that way anymore, THAT foolish idea is out of my head). I would mourn some things, like hot showers and the internet, but I think in the long run, I would enjoy it. It is kind of the essence of me that I try to accommodate as frequently as possible but which is not often possible due to the rat race of life. They have 10 kids.

I went out there Wednesday afternoon before going to pick the pups up in Bangor so I could pick up their money to deposit and send to the woman who sent the puppies. I never thought of it but I was wearing makeup and dressed pretty snazzy. I wonder what they see when they looked at me? Was it garish and leering? Or was it the same way they would see anything else? The kids were so excited about the puppy, I doubt they were thinking about it at all!

The next night when I brought the puppy back to them, all the kids met us outdoors in their bare feet at nearly 9pm. They were so excited... and these people are so GOOD. I enjoy spending time with them, they really project this aura of goodness and honesty and wholesomeness that even some of the best "good" people I have met in my day to day don't project. I rarely find that ANYONE I meet in my day to day life projects quite that much anyways.

We have a fencer on loan today and a new fencer on the way to zap the bajeesus out of the horses... I am excited. :)

No comments: