Friday, October 2, 2009

We never change, do we? We never learn, do we? I wanna live life and always be true... I wanna live life and be good to you...

So Roux is still off doing his thing. M reported that she saw him by the restaurant and he smiled and waved and was his "normal cheerful self" - he wouldn't let that affect how he feels about the other girls in the restaurant anyways.

S gave me a really astute observation (or maybe it's just the one I like the best so that is why I am giving it so much cred) - "He likes you but he has something in his life to work out right now, I think." It's all good, either way. I knew from the beginning that he could be like this since he's been like this since he was 16. It's always the fallen ones I think are always gonna save me... -Third Eye Blind

I went out the night before last to find that Rex had sliced his nose up pretty good on a random, unassuming nubbin in his stall. I could have killed him. I waffled back and forth about calling the vet for stitches, but it was afterhours by then and would have cost me around $300 and on a spot where he would be really likely to rub them out when they started to get itchy... I am just hoping that he doesn't heal TOO ugly. You don't ride their face, afterall, and it doesn't interfere with how nicely he moves, soooo. Right now I am hydrating it everyday to keep stuff out of it and putting an antiseptic/fly repellent on it. It's nice for our one on one time, even if I am hurting him when we have it. Mom tried to help me out last night but it really only agitated him more to have her trying to hold his head.

And then I am getting sick again... I have only been well for like a week, and now I am congested again, sore throat and a gross cough. I am pumping meds to me but I have to work a double shift tonight and then I have a 4H Leader's Conference tomorrow bright and early so we shall see if I ever recover... which reminds me that I need to get something for the potluck tomorrow! Hopefully I won't spread too many germies.

No comments: