Friday, June 20, 2008

Back when I knew it all...

I'm not very happy with work right now. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off, and then I went in for work Thursday... they told me I had Friday and Saturday off and they didn't know if I had to come in for work on Sunday or not. That means I will have had 3 days on in this week (from Saturday to Saturday), which is... really not cool. I am pretty sure this was advertised as a "full time" job. That said, some days when it is slow, two servers shut down their rooms and go home early, giving us about 4 hours instead of 6 (which is all we get per day anyways)... so this next paycheque is not going to be pretty, I don't reckon. They cut a couple of shifts off of me because there is a girl that they hired for the summer but that can't come to work because she has to do Co Op for school but they want to give her a few shifts so she can come back to work for the Christmas dinners. So kind of ticked off, but I have been told that things will change after the Canada Day weekend and be back up to snuff hourswise plus we'll be making something like 40-50$ per day in tips.

Other than that, as a followup to my not so gracious last post about being envious of others, I should say that yes, I do actually have a very blessed life - just blessed differently - I have a great, supportive family, a steady roof over my head, a novel with some professional interest in it, horses that make me happy from day to day... do I really have room for a family in there? Maybe not?

No comments: