Monday, June 2, 2008

There are some real crazies out there!

Submissions: 22 Rejections: 7 Requests:0


I am really sick now. I feel terrible and I didn't get much sleep last night. It's "just" a cough and a sore throat but having never worked in the food service industry before, I don't know what's "too sick". I also feel bad because S really scrounged to find enough servers for this event and the tips are a guaranteed 15%.

We got a really disturbing phone call last night. Five years ago, we had a severely aggressive (dog and people) american bulldog dumped on us to "dispose of". We told the kids who used to own him that we sent him to live at a junkyard and he ran out in front of a car and got hit (when they started talking about going to visit him). We did away with the dog because we weren't going to put our name on a dog like that out in public. I guess my cousin (17), one of the kids, overheard another cousin talking about disposing of the dog with my dad. His sister (19 or so) called here and politely asked what had happened to the dog. We stuck with the junkyard story until the 17 year old called back about five minutes later, screaming and swearing and making threats against the horses ("Maybe you'd like to have some of your horses's throats slashed!", etc), calling names, etc.

We haven't seen this kid in three or four years and as a younger child, he had absolutely no regard for animal life so we don't know what he could or would do... we called the RCMP and filed an official report of the threat - just in case. I didn't sleep well last night and probably won't all week, but I doubt anything will happen - and if it does, the RCMP knows the first place to look. We also clarified what, exactly, someone is allowed to do to protect their personal property.

No comments: