Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm weak in the knees for you...

I wiped out outside of the reception hall yesterday and at first I thought I hurt my ankle and turned it over (same ankle that I sprained back in November), but when I got up this morning, the muscle on the inside of my leg right above my knee felt genuinely "tweaked". Oi!

I had a strange dream last night about a blonde Australian guy. Apparently, in the dream, if I recall correctly, he was just in this boarding house we lived in that was old (like King's Landing old). Then a tornado came along and tore off part of the roof so we had to decide to move out, and decided to move to somewhere near the water. When I have dreams about a beach, it's always the same beach - there are about 40ft sheer rock cliffs framing a little bay, about twenty feet of sand and then a kind of bay area that always has killer whales in it, sometimes dolphins also - it is fed (or feeds into) a narrow river where the orcas sometimes go as well. Anyways, we decided to move into these little tents and hovels on the beach and he decided to move in with me, and the most poignant scene of the dream, where it is usually the beach and seeing the whales, was us standing and embracing for quite some time...

Which made me realize that it's been some time since someone besides my family hugged or touched me and I think that is what I feel the worst about about being single -- I don't even know if I want a relationship, but I do want that physical touch. Bah, it must just be the weddings and stuff going on lately that's got me feeling weird.

No comments: